Saturday, August 7, 2010

Shoe Shock!



 It's not that this mom is  asking for much- and no, I'm not difficult to please. It's just that I want nothing to do with the word ORDINARY when it comes to new school shoes.  ( or other school things such as backpacks, lunchboxes)... you get it. I like unique.When my kids need shoes, I go into whine mode. Two local malls, no children's shoe  department in either . One locally owned Stride Rite with a measly selection and an owner that  could give 2 hoots about selling childrens' shoes ! My goodness!!!  So I figured a short jog over the skyway to Tampa International Plaza would cure the school  shoes blues!  The kids and I spent a good part of the day trapesing  both levels of that glorious mall, finding   many things we liked, none of them being new school shoes.  I was not being impossible,but our   mission to find SOMETHING  worth wearing--- was truly becoming mission IMPOSSIBLE. I was  still in an insatiable mood regarding, ahem, school shoes. We drove a couple blocks down   to the next  hopeful  mall. It really worked out to our benefit, because like a typical male,  Garrett got a bit bored and decided to shut his eyes for a bit. The girls and I  stopped at the  Starbucks for  a small treat before heading down the mall's corridor.  Two major department stores and  a few other stores in between and still no luck! Now, I said I am not crazy, but  honestly, I was more determined than ever at this point! This was quite ridiculous!!!
      ..... Loading up in the van once again more shopping bags, the 3 kids- none with new shoes .
 We got back onto 275 and I just could not get over the fact that a day in Tampa without luck.   impossible!!!   knowing  the possibilty  of finding shoes in Sarasota  was  far less.  Without sigh  or complaint, my 3 shopping buddies & I we stopped in Brandon . For those of you  in
suspense , our search was over! The Dillards  there had the best selection -so many choices! and we left happy! If it would have been any less of a  mission, it would not have produced the  perfect pair of sneakers designed for Moriah herself! and the cute  tennies Maddy chose and the  deal I found on Garretts' kickers . I was indeed a happy mom. Drowning in school shoes bliss!
            
          
            
          

No comments:

Post a Comment